Choice Business Solutions believes there is no wrong person. .We know that everyone is unique and talented in their own way. We are seeking the RIGHT individual to join an outstanding and reputable organization as Loans Supervisor.
The RIGHT candidate must be able to:
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Meet with applicants to resolve escalated queries from loan officers
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet customers' needs.
- Submit applications to credit analysts for verification and recommendation.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Market bank products to individuals and firms, promoting bank services that may meet customers' needs.
- Supervise and evaluate loan personnel.
- Set credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards in conjunction with senior managers.
- Provide special services for clients with more specialized needs.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans.
- Prepare reports to send to customers whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
- Arrange for maintenance and liquidation of delinquent properties.
- Participate in interview, hire, and training of new employees.
- Petition courts to transfer titles and deeds of collateral to banks.
- Must be familiar with computers and banking applications and software
- Must possess a solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment
Qualification and Experience:
- Bsc in Accounting, Business Administration, Management Studies or related field
- Proven working experience in similar roles.